How to Make Siri Say Your Name Right
After you know how to install Siri Server on linux and many other tricks to use it, we want to offer you something new. Want Siri to say your name right?
Certainly one of Siri’s abilities is to learn who you are and refer to you by your first name. However, a lot of us have names that Siri doesn’t how to pronounce correctly. Or maybe you don’t even need to be called by your real name
For instance, Ally likes to go by “Jailbreak Ninja”. To get Siri to pronounce your name correctly or call you something else, all you should do ask. Or you can alter the phonetic spellings fields of your contact details.
- Switch on Siri by holding down the home button and wait for a beep.
- Say “Call me ____” Complete the blank with whatever you want Siri to consult you as. This can be your name or anything else.
- Siri will answer “From now on, I’ll call you ____. OK?
- Reply “OK.”
- Siri will the up-date the nickname field of your contact details to this name. This can be how your name will appear when Siri types out your name.
Manually change the phonetic punctuation of your name
- Open Contacts app
- Select your name
- Tap Edit
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “add field”
- Tap Phonetic First Name or Phonetic Last Name
- Fill the field with phonetic spelling of your name
- Tap Done
In this way is best for correct pronunciation of your name, because Siri will still display your name with its correct spelling.
Now you are all set to have Siri call you whatever you wish – whether that be the correct pronunciation of your name, or something else.
Remind you that Siri is still learning and it will be added some new languages next month. Siri will speak Russia and Chinese. So stay tuned!