List Of iDevices That Support iOS 5.1.x Untethered Jailbreak
Now all iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 5.1 users are waiting for HITB security conference in Amsterdam where untethered jailbreak can be declared.
I wrote you before about HITB security conference so then you know that there a lot of hackers (including pod2g) will come to the conference.
I mention pod2g because he has recently written in his blog FAQ concerning jailbreak compatibility and ETA. Also you can see here the list of untethered jailbreak supported devices and devices which have been tested.
Also he said that iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G and Apple TV 3 will not support iOS 5.1.x untethered jailbreak. And now you will see list of supported iOS devices.
First see the FAQ and then supported and not tested yet iOS devices.
5.1.x untethered jailbreak FAQ
I receive lots of questions either by email or twitter about the 5.1.x untethered jailbreak.
Here are some answers :
- The poll about releasing now or waiting for 6.0 ended with a 64% / 33% to release ASAP. Where is the link ? ETA ? How much % done ? etc.
- As I said earlier in twitter, there’s still a lot to do to have a user friendly and well tested tool to install the jailbreak on end users devices. Expect a release in a couple of weeks.
- Will it be compatible with my <any random iOS device> ?
It will be compatible with any device running iOS 5.1.1 except iPod 3G, iPhone 3Gs and ATV3 (right now, may change in a near future, nobody knows).
- Why is it so slow to release now that the iPad 3,1 has been demoed ?
- There are 16 different devices out there to work on and to test. It takes time.
- May I be a beta tester ?
- No, sorry. Only really trusted people (that can be counted on one hand) could have access to the jailbreak. I don’t want any leak to happen.
- What if I offer you 1,000,000$ ?
- That doesn’t change a thing.
- Be patient, it’s gonna happen.
See you my friend
iDevices That Support iOS 5.1.x Untethered Jailbreak [List]
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 1
- iPad 2 WiFi
- The New iPad WiFi (iPad 3)
List of devices that have been testing untethered iOS 5.1.x Jailbreak
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPad 2 WiFi, R2
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 3 Global
- iPod Touch 4th Gen
- AppleTV 2
iOS 5.1.x Untethered Jailbreak Doesn’t Support
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 3G
- Apple TV 3
I think that it is not the end and the last three will be tested too. You can wait a couple of weeks and try tether jailbreak using RedSn0w 0.9.11b4. These promises have been lasting long time. You can only believe it or not. There is no way out.