iOS 6 Compatible Devices List
Apple revealed lots of software improvements for iOS 6 at WWDC 2012 this Monday. iOS 6 compatible devices list looks pretty interesting. People really appreciate that the new firmware is compatible with older devices like iPhone 3GS. From the other side, devices that are two years old, like the original iPad didn’t get the honor to be operated by “the best firmware ever”. Moreover, those older ones who do, aren’t guaranteed to support all the newest features.
Besides knowing what features the iOS 6 brings us among with major changes, apps and services integration, it would be great to be aware which devices are exactly supported by it. Thanking to Apple’s official webpage we’ve got the list of the devices that got lucky enough. Below is the screenshot of
Apple’s officially iOS 6 compatible devices:
Below is the list of limitations that explains what devices will be applied to some of the gadgets able to run iOS 6. According to the list, iPhone 4 won’t get FaceTime over 3G feature, Flyover and Turn-by-Turn Navigation features for new Maps application. Siri support will be still disabled as well.
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation and Flyover available only on iPhone 4S, iPad 2 ,the new iPad
- Shared Photo Streams works only on iOS 6 installed on iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2 ,the new iPad
- Updated Siri will still be available on iPhone 4S, however support for the new iPad is added as well
- Offline Reading List feature won’t support iPhone 3GS and iPod touch
- VIP list and VIP and Flagged smart mailboxes only on iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, the new iPad
- FaceTime over 3G only on iPhone 4S and the new iPad with cellular data capability
It’s pretty obvious that most of the features were disabled not due to performance demands but due to Apple’s evil marketing plan. Company gradually disables the support for the older devices to make company’s fans buy newer products. Please tell me, jailbreakers, isn’t Siri working like a charm on original iPad and iPhone 4? Can’t FaceTime work with 3G connection on older devices? I think that Cydia tweaks developers will have tons of tweaks to develop later this fall as iOS 6 will be officially released for compatible devices.
HOT: Use new test version of Redsn0w 0.9.13beta1 to jailbreak iOS 6 for any supported iDevice.